Saturday, March 22, 2008

Today's Easter Egg Hunt

Today I took the girls to our church's Easter Egg Hunt. It was held at the school, so it was convenient for us to walk there, which was nice. They had the kids divided up ages 0-6 and 7-12. Some of the older kids in each group were quite a bit more "successful" finding the eggs than the littler ones. KJ actually got to find quite a few and she was very pleased with her efforts (and rewards). KR, however, was the youngest age in her group and those kids definitely got a lot fewer eggs than the older kids in that group. In the end, KR was fine with how things turned out, but she did notice that many of the older kids had way more eggs than she did. I'm not complaining because I think my kids eat enough candy on their own, so didn't need to have even more, however it always hurts a mom's heart when their child feels life is "unfair" (unless I'm the one dealing out the "unfairness" then I don't mind;-). KR ran so quickly to find the eggs that I only got one photo of her. I was able to get a few more of KJ though. I will share what I have. Tomorrow we will do our family thing as well...stayed tuned.


First egg of the four KR found.
Look at my bag full!
Is there one there??
This is my friend, Glynnis. She was a total lifesaver for me when KJ first came home to us. Bless her heart, she brought me (from the US) all sorts of hair stuff...barretts, shampoos, conditioners, rubberbands, etc... It didn't take me long to realize I was NOT prepared at all myself...I just thought I was. It would have been hard to make it through the school year without her help. What was I thinking??? Of course, I didn't know much about taking care of AA hair at the time but still... Anyway, it has been a few months since I have seen Glynnis so I was pleasantly surprised to hook up with her at the Egg Hunt today. She and her family are headed back to the US this summer so we will miss them. She is still such an encouragement to me...even today she told me I am doing a good job with KJ's hair. It's nice to hear that from someone who definitley knows what they are talking about! Glynnis has two daughters who were there today. We were on the swing at one point and her littlest one was swinging beside us. KJ looked at her, then at me and said, "She looks like me. She has hair like me." It's amazing how much more aware of that kind of thing she has become in the past few months. I know she will be even more so in the years to come.
Glynnis blowing bubbles for KJ. She LOVES bubbles. (KR and her friend in the background.)
KJ with her friend from pre-school.Too cute for words.

0 comments: