KJ with the end result...she wasn't much for decorating, but she LOVEs eating them!Sunday, March 23, 2008
Easter Sunday
The sunrise service this Easter morning was awesome. What a great time of day to really enjoy God's incredible creation. It always takes place on the lower campus of our school, right by the beach. The sun rises over the water with beautiful colors and palm trees wave in the gentle breeze. You can hear the crashing of the waves on the rocks nearby. I love having the service there. This morning five students from our school were baptized in the ocean by their dads (and the spiritual life director of our school). It was wonderful to hear the testimonies of the kids and their reasons for wanting to be baptized at this time. Afterwards breakfast was served, which included bacon! That is a luxury for us these days so I enjoyed every bite. We attended our regular church service later in the morning where I helped with the 2-4 year old Sunday school group in making a craft. For lunch we celebrated Easter Sunday at Chilis (where we all ate WAY too much). After getting home, we hid the eggs for the kids to find and gave them small Easter presents. At three o'clock Greg took Kaden to the orthodontist (yes, he was open on Easter Sunday!). After a quick nap, I took the kids swimming in the late afternoon at the school pool and then we came home and decorated Easter eggs... As you can tell it was a VERY full day, but a fun, family day. Here are some of the best photos from the day:
Posing before church.
Younger boys with our kitty, Max.
Mommy and her girls.
KJ is ready to hunt those eggs!
See my new little pony, Cheerilee.
KD decorating the eggs.
KR and KL getting in on the action as well.
Considering we only have brown eggs here I thought the finished product looked wonderful!
KJ with the end result...she wasn't much for decorating, but she LOVEs eating them!
KJ with the end result...she wasn't much for decorating, but she LOVEs eating them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Tara!
Gorgeous! Your kids! Your eggs! And You! =) I've always thought brown eggs work best because I like the darker, jewel-tones you get with them! Thanks for being a blessing through your blog! It did my heart good to see all your smiles!
hugs!
Post a Comment