Thursday, March 13, 2008

Mini-sneak at Genting


I was hoping to update this site sooner, but things have just been too busy this week. We spent last weekend on a small trip away with the senior class that we co-sponsor with our good friends. The ironic thing for us is that the last class we sponsored (four years ago) also went on their mini-sneak to the same location. We did stay in a different hotel this time, and I will say it was MUCH better, albeit smaller, than four years ago. The weather this time was not nearly as nice. We had fog and mist/rain almost the entire weekend we were there...and it was COLD! I have become a wimp when it comes to cooler temperatures for sure, especially when I am not dressed properly for them! I don't know how cold it was, but with the wind blowing there were times when my teeth were actually chattering and someone said they could see their breath at one point. Many of the rides were open intermittently due to the weather conditions, which was kind of a drag. I think the kids still had fun. I know they are a great group to work with and we had a nice time away as well. Here are some of the highlights from the trip:


Waiting in the fog for the kids to arrive at the outdoor theme park.

Thick fog that lasted all day.

Measuring to makes sure I am tall enough to ride all the rides! LOL! (I didn't end up riding even one:-)

Brrrr.....It's COLD out here!...And Greg is not even wearing a jacket (he didn't bring one)...

Riding an indoor ride...much warmer inside but you still need a sweater to be comfortable.



The two boys below challenged Greg and Karl to a game of bowling, with the winners getting one scoop of Baskin Robin's Ice Cream (peanut butter chocolate...yummy). As you can see, things were going the boys' way at first but then things started going downhill from there and Greg and Karl ended up being victorious. There have been rumors of a rematch for double or nothing...stay tuned.




One of the things you can do at Genting is take advantage of a sky diving simulator. Several of the students and Greg decided they wanted to try their hand at this. So for about $10.50 they were treated to a couple of minutes of what it is like to be free falling from an airplane. The simulator is much safer than the real thing. Here are some pictures from that adventure. Don't you just love the cheeks!

Hamming it up a little, I do believe.



0 comments: