Friday, March 21, 2008

More birthday celebrations

This month is a busy one birthday-wise in our family (and throw in a few friends and it's even busier). We have a niece and nephew who have birthdays this month (Happy belated-Birthdays to Heidi and Shawn) as well as having two in our immediate family. KJ turns four on Monday (the 24th) and KD turns 12 next Friday (the 28th). Because it's Easter this weekend, and starting next Friday we are having our first-ever week-long spring break, I had a hard time finding a date that would work well to have a birthday party for KJ. I finally decided that today (Good Friday) would actually work out best since we had it off from school, so today we celebrated her birthday. Last week, after looking around online for some ideas, I decided on a Candyland theme. I had lots of fun decorating the cake, but the humidity here sure does wreak havoc with everything! It's hard not to get frustrated when the decorations start melting and sliding off the cake five minutes after you have put them on! Ugh! As for the attendees, KJ invited a couple of her pre-school friends (only one could come) as well as another younger friend, plus KR and a couple of her friends were here (and an older daughter of one of KR's friends). In the end the girls were not overly interested in many of the games I had planned, but KJ said she had lots of fun so I guess that's what really matters. Here are a few photos of the celebration:





This little girl couldn't come to the party, but dropped by later in the afternoon with a gift and stayed to play for a while. These two have playdates two days a week and have a great time together.

*************************************************************

Another birthday celebration I was blessed to be a part of this week was for my friend, Jacki. First, at our weekly book/Bible study time we had a cake, then the group decided to take her to dinner at an Indian restaurant downtown, with a little shopping at a nearby Indian boutique before hand. It was a nice time of celebrating with our friend. Here are a couple of pictures of that event:




******************************************************************************

Tomorrow our church is having an Easter Egg hunt from 10-12 which I am planning to take the girls to. They boys are "too old" for that kind of thing now, as you can imagine. Sunday we will have a baptismal/sunrise service at school, then the regular Sunday service later in the morning. It's a great time to spend reflecting on what Christ's death and resurrection really means to me personally. Plus it's just a great family time and I am looking forward to the weekend. I hope yours is wonderful as I know mine will be.

0 comments: