Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt 2009

Today was our church's Easter Egg hunt.  The girls had a fun time scrambling for eggs and eating the candy inside.  We had a beautiful morning for it, for which we are thankful. It's been SO rainy here lately.




Later in the afternoon the kids and I decorated eggs.  I boiled 26 eggs and 8 of them cracked.  It seems like I try everything, but that always happens to me. Anyone have any tips to share on how to do better?  I would love to hear them!  



Playing the memory game with some cards that came with the dye kit while waiting for the eggs to get nice and dark.
The finished project turned out nice, I thought.


Tomorrow at 7 a.m. is the Easter sunrise service at the school and beach. Several students are being baptized with breakfast to follow in the cafeteria.  I always enjoy these services so much and this one will be especially memorable as some of my closer friends' children are choosing to be baptized.  Some years we don't make the kids get out of bed to attend, but this year we are making them go.  I think it will be easier than in years past because the kids are getting older. 

Then later in the morning we will have our church service.  I bought the girls new dresses a few weeks back and spent several hours fixing KJ's hair yesterday just so I can get pictures of them to share tomorrow.  :-) I am looking forward to a great day of remembering exactly what Jesus did for me by dying on the cross and conquering the grave.  I am SO grateful and so often feel I don't deserve it.  But then I remind myself that none of us do and it's not by our works but His lest no man should boast...what a gift! 

Have a blessed Easter!!

1 comments:

One Crowded House said...

look how pretty your eggs turned out!

Your kiddos are looking so grown up....