Friday, March 27, 2009

Three more parties!!

In the past week I have helped plan and carry out three great birthday parties. The one last weekend was for my friend, Jacki, on Tuesday KJ turned 5 and had a party with all her preschool girlfriends, then last night KD celebrated his 13th birthday with his group of friends. They were all wonderful, but I am glad to have little break from planning parties (until Greg has his on April 23rd). Below are a few pictures and details from the three of them.

For Jacki's party the ladies met in the newly remodeled student center on campus for pizza, cake and a movie. The atmosphere is so nice now with the comfy couches and wooden floor...we had a great time being together celebrating our friend.
Here is KJ sharing cupcakes with her classmates on Tuesday right before preschool was dismissed. She enjoyed the attention for the most part, although she did resort to her artificial sneezing a couple of times during the singing.
The girls loved putting on their greenish blue frosting "lipstick"...

One little boy even got in on the action :-)
After celebrating at school, the six girls and I walked home where we were joined by KJ's other little friend, Kiri, who is not in preschool with her. The seven girls had lunch and then some play time inside and out (with the hose, water guns and water balloons). Then came cake and ice cream and presents. After that it was already time to head back to school where the girls' parents picked them up. Overall, it was a very successful party and KJ was happy, to that's what matters most.




Then that evening we went out to celebrate as a family. KJ picked McDonalds as her choice of restaurant. Once we got there I discovered she only picked it because she thought she could order pancakes and was quite bummed to find out they only serve them at breakfast! Silly girl .
When we got home KJ opened her gifts from us. They weren't anything big (since I had spent almost $20 on the mermaidia doll on the top of her cake, I figured I couldn't afford another big gift! lol!).. She seemed pleased with the things she got even though they weren't much to speak of.
Then, finally tonight, for KD's birthday party, he and his friends spent 1.5 hours playing indoor soccer and basketball in the gym. Afterwards they showered and came to the student center for pizza, cheesecake and a movie (sound familiar?:-)


Then KD invited three of the boys to spend the night with him where they watched another movie before heading to bed. I have no idea what time they went to sleep but they slept til 9:30 so not half bad all things considering :-)
I still need to post about KD's band concert and his drama production, which both took place these past couple of weeks, but that will have to wait until another day. We are officially on Spring break now, and tomorrow we are headed to the nearby zoo and waterpark. We decided to spend the night and enjoy a relaxing time, so we won't be home again until Monday evening. Then Tuesday evening we have a free night's stay at a nearby hotel so will be enjoying that as well. I will post about both of those adventures later in the week. In the meantime, hope everyone has a great day!

1 comments:

CK Sessions said...

Tara! I am glad you commented on my blog!!! I had no idea you had one! Now I know! Thanks for your thoughts and prayers! We are happy to be home and we are loving it! Your kids are adorable!!!!!

luvs
Cheri Kay