Tuesday, November 4, 2008

LONG overdue update

Wow, has it really been since October 12th since I updated this!?? Doesn't seem possible. Didn't have much interesting to talk about for a couple of weeks (and no pictures besides), but things have been a little more exciting/busy around here the past week or so. Guess I should share some pictures and a little update.

A couple of weeks ago the librarian held a "pumpkin patch" for the preschoolers. They got to hear fun pumpkin stories and make their own cute little jack-o-lanterns. To top the hour off, they got to eat a yummy pumpkin cookie made by one of the other moms. So fun...




On Friday last week the elementary students participated in the annual costume parade. This is the first year that it rained, so that was kind of a drag. We did manage to get to school and part-way through the parade before the rain started, but the kids still managed to get wet! Oh well...

KR was a gypsy and KJ was Tinkerbell.
Here is KR with her two good friends:
KJ cutting out her pumpkin while waiting for her picture to be taken.
KJ with one of her best friends. This little girl is 5 years old, but sooo tiny! They are SO cute together. What is extra fun is that she was adopted too, here in Malaysia by a family who had four bio boys. KJ and her friend actually talk about it together.
That night we had our staff treat parade. These two brothers dressed up to give out their candy (the boy on the left is in my Spanish class. He really reminds me of my nephew, Andrew, so I have a special fondness for him! lol!). Wasn't that so sweet of them. I guess they didn't have anything better to do on a Friday night! lol!



On Saturday KD and I went on a ten-mile hike with his boy scout troop. I am sooo bummed I forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures! It was quite the hike (lots of up hill and then down again), but I managed to make it and not slow up the boys! I thought I would be pretty sore the next day but was surprised to find that I really wasn't sore at all. They are scheduled to do another one on the 15th and I am debating whether or not I should volunteer for that one or not, just so I can take pictures this time! I will post here about it if I decide to do it again.
*********************
I have several birthday wishes I missed in the past week. So a very belated and happy birthday goes out to my sister-in-law, Tanya (love you and thinking of you), my friend, Katrina (they both celebrate their special days on the 28th) and my cousin's little boy, Jacob (whose birthday was on the 31st). I hope they all had wonderful and special days.
*********************
And finally, I guess it's election day in the US. You can bet we will be following the results, even from here. I will be very relieved when it's all over....and I don't even currently live in the US!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You got it done! Fun to see your recent pics too. :)