Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Mother's Day

My Mother's Day this year was about the best one ever and I feel so blessed to be the mom of my five wonderful children (and wife to my wonderful husband). My day started off with my usual Sunday walk (run this week though). When I arrived back home I was greeted at the door by KJ with a cold glass of water and the sweet words "Happy Mother's Day, Mommy". Greg and the rest of the kids had made me breakfast, which was waiting for me on the table along with a card KR had made for me at school last week. While I was enjoying my lovely breakfast I was presented with a couple of gifts (besides the hard drive I had gotten the day before). One was chocolate covered espresso beans and the other was a digital scrapbooking magazine. Both were very thoughtful and much appreciated!

(notice the cute flowers KJ made in her pre-school class on Friday)


After breakfast we got ready for church. Because I was so sweaty after my run, I didn't want to take a picture at breakfast with my kids until I had had the chance to take a shower first. So, quickly, before leaving for church, I had Greg snap a photo of me with the kids.

At church, the children sang some special numbers. Even though they weren't specifically for mothers, it was nice that they did some special songs on Mother's Day. KJ had to get in on the action even though her Sunday school group did not practice the songs. For not knowing any of the songs or the actions she did remarkably well, and her daddy and I were quite proud of her. (KR is in the blue almost all the way to the right)


During the service itself the speaker talked about the mother heart of God and some of the characteristics of this. We also had a time of prayer for mother's and future mothers. It was very nice, I thought.

For lunch I got to choose where we would eat so I picked a local Indian restaurant. The food was very yummy (as usual) and we had a great time as a family. During lunch Greg had all the kids go around and say one thing they appreciate about me. Those are always fun to hear (some are funnier than others!).

After we got home, I then got to lay down and take a nap! What could be better than that! I did end up taking the twists out of KJ's hair later in the afternoon and on into the evening (it only took me about three hours! yikes!), so I didn't even end up cooking supper last night! Yes, it was definitely a wonderful and blessed day to be a mother!!

I hope all the mothers reading this had a great day as well!!

0 comments: