Friday, May 16, 2008

King of the Jungle

Whew....the end of another busy week around here! KB is gone again this weekend on his 8th grade trip. They traveled to the Genting Highlands (where we went for our mini-sneak which I posted about previously) on Thursday a.m. and will be returning tomorrow late afternoon. He has called a few times and it sounds like they are having a great time. The weather has been good (remember how foggy it was for us?) and they got to ride a lot of the rides today.

Greg spent the evening out with the varsity bball guys and the other coaches. First they went for dinner at Chili's and then to Net City to play some online computer games. Sounds like they had a great time.

KR and her best friend had three (combined) birthday parties to attend this afternoon. The moms picked up the kids after school, but then Jacki and I went to the mall (where the party was being held) and picked up the girls afterwards and did some shopping. The younger boys went with a couple of friends and a dad to Net City to play some computer games as well...so we all had busy evenings around here!

Last night was the elementary spring musical. This year the kids performed "King of the Jungle". It was very cute and the faces that were painted on the kids were very creative! I don't have much to say about it other than I enjoyed it a lot and the message was good. Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy.

KR getting her face painted...

KL and his friend...KL is a bear and his friend is a wildebeest. Aren't they cute?

Beautiful butterflies.

KL and another good friend.

Doing the "Bull Frogs and Butterflies" song...it was very cute!

The whole crew. (You can click on both of these last ones to make them bigger. The quality isn't the best, but you can see them a bit better anyway.)


Tomorrow is another busy day around here. KD has a ten-mile hike for Boy Scouts from 7 a.m.-1 p.m. and an end-of-the-year party from 3:30-7:30. The pastor of our international church and his family are leaving us so we have a farewell dinner for them tomorrow evening. The candidate to take over his position is here now and will be preaching on Sunday. We don't want to miss that either.

Finally, here are a couple pictures of KJ taken this week by her teacher. They were studying the letter S and so went to the beach to collect some sea shells and some sand...looks like they had a great time!



I sure don't know what is up with the font the last couple of postings. I have done nothing different than before, but for some reason the font is more "squished" in some paragraphs. I tried messing around with it to fix it, but can't figure it out. I'm sorry if it's a little hard to read in some places! ugh!

2 comments:

SteinyGirl said...

Cute pics of Kristian - hadn't seen those!

Amy said...

Cute pics, your family is beautiful. I tagged you for the "Meme game". You can see my answers and get the rules for the game on my blog.
Amy