You know KL has been playing on a little league baseball team started by one of the teachers here at the school. This is the first year they have run the league so all of the players started from ground zero. We saw many improvements throughout the season and are proud of how all the kids played. This past Saturday they held the championship "series" to determine who the champions were (KL's team won the regular season). It was to be the best of three and KL's team came away with the medals! He spent most of his time on the mound, but did manage to get in a little catching in the last game. Over all he pitched very well and we were so proud of him. In between the two games they announced the players who made the all star team and KL is one of them. He also walked away the the defensive player of the year award, which was an added bonus. The next thing up for the all stars is a game against parents/adults of their choosing (combined with a fundraiser to help local charities), which will take place on November 24th. KL has two invitations he is allowed to give out. He has already decided he's going to be giving one to his dad, but then asked me if I wanted the other one!! I don't know...I can't play baseball and I am SO afraid of making a complete idiot out of myself. I think I am going to encourage him to give it to someone else and I will just take pictures...stay tuned for an update and pictures! In the meantime here are a few highlights of last Saturday's games...
KL receiving his defensive player award...
Getting the All Star t-shirts...
The All Star team...
Trying to steal home...

Medal time...
His team...
KJ and her friend enjoying the day:-)

0 comments:
Post a Comment