Thursday, May 7, 2009

Week in review

This week has been a busy one around here, but then that is pretty typical of life until school gets out in early June.  All the end-of-the year activities to attend and school stuff to finish up makes for some pretty interesting days and weeks...but that usually means time flies and before we know it, it will be time to hop on that plane and make our way to the US for our summer visit!  I am starting to get excited about spending the time with family and friends.  Every summer things can be crazy, with lots of traveling etc. but it's worth it to see everyone we don't get to see all school-year long.  This year, for the first time, we are hoping to spend the July 4th weekend at a summer church camp with some of our family...we think it will be a great time for us (and the kids) and are really looking forward to it.

Speaking of our week, here are a few pictures, in reverse order. 


KR and her girl scout troop sold used toys as a fundraiser.
...with her BF.
KD had his boy scout court of honor this week.  He received his first ever merit badge (shotgun shooting), for which I am happy.  He has started many but had finished none up until this point so I was pleased that he finally got one accomplished! Yay!  He also advanced to second class and then first class scout so Dad and I both got pins...fun, fun.

Pinning on the first class pin...
I was on stage for the second class pinning..(can you believe the other boy is the same ag as KD?)

KL also had his piano recital this week.  I had to get a couple of posed pics because I was too busy filming the piece to take pictures while he was playing.  Enjoy the video below...



Last night was our staff farewell.  We are saying good-bye to around 17 staff members.  Althought it's a hard evening it has great value at the same time.  I have pics to share about that in my next post.  Tomorrow a.m. is a ladies brunch at Athy's house.  The sad news about that family is that they were told a couple of weeks ago their company wants them back in the US this summer permanently!!  I am so sad and am going to miss her greatly...:-(  Life just won't be the same without her.  It really stinks living in such a transient community sometimes.


0 comments: