Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Farewell and Mother's day

I hope everyone had a great mother's day this past weekend.  I had a very nice day.  Greg had the kids make me a homemade card which was really sweet and made my cry. He also bought me flowers at the morning market and we all went out to lunch at Chilli's to celebrate the day. All in all, I felt very blessed by my children and husband.  I spent the day remembering how blessed I am to be the mom of these wonderful children!
Last Thursday night I mentioned we were having our staff farewell.  The evening proved to be quite long, but many of the people had come up with incredibly creative ways to tribute those who are leaving.  

Here are just a few of the ladies from school.
Me and my friend, Athy, who is leaving :-(  I am going to miss her SO much.
Because we have served ten years at the school we got a special gift. (It was a pewter clock...Malsysia is known for its pewter.)
Tomorrow night is KR's spring musical.  I am looking forward to it as she tried out for, and was awarded a speaking part in it this year.  I am so proud of her because a few short years ago she wouldn't even get up on stage with a whole group of kids let alone try out for a speaking part.  I will post pictures next time.  

2 comments:

SteinyGirl said...

Fun pics! I guess I haven't looked at your blog since the fire - eep! Will be so nice to have record of all this.

One Crowded House said...

such a beautiful family!