Thursday, December 11, 2008

A party, a concert and more sickness...

Tuesday after preschool KJ had a Christmas party at her friend's house. She invited all nine of the kids in her class to come for some food, games, a story, and some presents. The kids all had a great time. The party was only for an hour, but with that many kids in an apartment, the hour was just about right. Thanks to the mom who was brave enough to put this on for the kids! :-) Here are some pictures of the event:

Praying for the food.

Reading the Christmas story.

Getting ready to open the gifts.
Getting a little help here...See what I got!

Then that evening KD had his end-of-the-semester band concert. Because every middle school student in grades 6-8 is required to take band, these concerts are PACKED. We got there a bit late and it was standing-room only. They ended up adding more chairs so we had some place to sit clear in the back. When it came time for KD's grade to play, I went up towards the front and stood on a chair to the side of the room (that had been vacated by one of the band students) so that I could get a better view of him this time around. In the video you will see that the view is much better than last time, where I only managed to get the very tip top of his head! It's amazing just how far the class has come since last year at this time. I was reminded of this when the beginning band grade 6 played their pieces! It's a lot of fun to see their progess over the year.

KJ and her friend enjoying the show.
Aren't they cute together? They are such pals and whenever they see each other they hug and laugh like it's been years since they have seen each other, instead of hours! Too cute!



Last night was the Boy Scout's court of honor, where one of the students from our school received his Eagle Scout rank. I was planning to attend, because it was a special evening, but KR came down sick during the night Wednesday night. It was NOT a fun night for her or I as she threw up 8-10 times before morning. Of course, the first time is always the worst and that was all over the bedroom floor! I know, I know, too much information for some of you, but that has been my reality three times these over the past three weeks! I am getting extremely tired of middle-of-the-night clean up sessions! Just when I thought we were safe from anyone else coming down with it! Ugh... KR is home again today from school because, even though she has not vomitted for over 24 hours, and she has no fever, she just wasn't feeling 100% this morning. I think it's better to be safe than sorry, and besides it's Friday so she can have the weekend to rest and recover. Anyway, since I was unable to attend the court of honor I didn't get any pictures of it. KD had a small part to play, but he didn't earn any badges so didn't receive anything other than taking part in the ceremony.

And speaking of the weekend, this one promises to be a busy one, once again, so stay tuned for updates about that sometime next week! Have a great weekend!

0 comments: