Sunday, December 21, 2008

I cannot believe it's already been ten days since I last updated this. There has been so much going on and so many events happening that I hardly know where to begin with the update. It's possible this post could take me hours to do and I'm not sure if I am up to that task right now. I will start and see how it goes...if I don't get them all in today I can try again tomorrow...or soon.

And because trying to get the format right on a post that covers so many different days and events, can take a long time I am just going to write about the photos and not worry about the order. Reality is you probably could care less about which days we did what! lol!

This past Monday, KL, and his classmates went to a place of charity downtown where the homeless people can go to get a meal, some clothes and some of their other needs met. The class went there to sing Christmas songs and to play the angklungs (the instruments you see in the pictures), but since it ended up being too crowded in the room, they only were able to do the singing while there. Fortunately on Thursday, they did their performance again during the elementary chapel time. I think they all did a fantastic job...and KL looked so handsome:-0
Each student had a small speaking part in the program.




Here KJ and her friends are playing with the water table on the second to last day of school before the Christmas holiday. I think that most of them really need the next few weeks to relax and rest and take a break.
KJ and her friend, Lana.

Tuesday night was the elementary Christmas concert. Although KR didn't have any major parts in the play, she did make a beautiful angel.



On Wednesday of this past week was the annual elementary sports day. I was unable to attend the whole morning because I had to give my final exams in my Spanish classes, but did manage to see a few events of the morning. The rest of the pictures are courtesy of my friend, Jackie, who actually has a better camera anyway.





Christmas party on Saturday night, December 13th....
Greg chatting away with his friend, Clay (and unknown other).
The lady on the left is the middle school art teacher and on the right is the middle school social studies teacher so they have taught (and still do teach) the two older boys.
Athy, (the hostess) with Vicky, Jacki and myself...enjoying ourselves :-)
Some michief maker decided to "match" up everyone's shoes while they were inside at the party! lol!These friends all have their birthdays in December so we decided to celebrate them collectively since this is such a busy time of the year for everyone. We had a great time doing a little shopping at the mall and then enjoyed lunch at a pasta place with donuts for dessert! This Big Apple Donut shop just opened up this fall in the mall and the donuts are pretty good...not as good as Krispy Kreme but that is to be expected. We are just glad for a decent donut place in town. KL has had a Dunkin Donuts since we have been here but it has never made it to Penang.

Great dessert, huh?
This was the cutest face at the celebration:-)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how often you read this comments. Merry Christmas! I'd love to get a copy of that photo of all of us at Athy's party. If you send it to me I'll tell you who the mischief maker with the shoes is. :)