Today we celebrated two birthdays in our house...KR turned 8 and KL is now 11!! Wow, it's so hard to believe. Greg took KL out on Friday night (with KB) to a movie and then I did the same with KR and her friend yesterday, as part of their weekend celebration. Then today we had a supper celebration (one thing we do is allow the birthday person to choose a restaurant to eat at for lunch or dinner). Normally on Sundays we do the lunch thing, but since KD was gone over lunch (he was on a Boy Scout campout...hopefully I will have a few pictures to share about that in a day or two) we wanted to wait until he got home. We just couldn't celebrate without him. Fortunately the kids both chose to go across the stree to the pizza place, which was nice and handy. Afterwards we came back home and let them open their gifts and had cake to finish up the evening. Although it was nothing spectacular, I think both of them would say they had nice days. KR is actually going to have a party with her friends next Friday night. Not sure about KL though, as it's been a bit difficult finding a good time to arrange something for him...will keep you posted on that. In the meantime I hope you enjoy the pictures from the day.



I also want to take a minute to wish my cousin, Bonnie, a belated Happy Birthday as well. She celebrated her special day on Friday, and although I sent her a personal note, I just wanted to embarrass her on here! lol! Here are a couple of pictures of us...the first is from nine years ago...and the other is from this summer (we were at an airshow..we both got a chuckle out of this one). Believe it or not, this is the only picture we got together this summer (and we didn't even take it!)...we will have to do better next year.


Happy Birthday, girl! I love and miss you!
1 comments:
Oh, those pictures at Papa's are so good! Love that reflection in there. Now I can't wait to see ones from the party. :)
Post a Comment