Thursday, September 25, 2008
Beth Moore Study
This semester I have been doing a Beth Moore bible study called "The Patriarchs". Some of the school ladies started the study on campus a few years ago, but because of the timing of my classes I have never been able to go in the past. However, with the change of schedule this year, I am free during the afternoons so I decided to join. I have been LOVING it. I have read Genisis many times in my life, but I have never have I looked at things in such a way before. It has really impacted me to see how God chose Abraham to be a father of many nations, and yet at the same time, to realize that even in Abraham's obedience to God's call on his life he was still human and made mistakes . That is so freeing for me. He didn't have to be "perfect" for God to choose to use him, and I don't have to be perfect either. Not that it gives me an excuse to sin, but it does free me from thinking that before God can use me in any "real" way I must be a better person. I have also really enjoyed the videos that go with each lesson. I am so glad this opportunity came up for me as I feel I am getting so much out of it. Normally we meet for the study on Thursday afternoons, but today, because we are half-way through this study, we had a luncheon instead. It was a great time of fellowship with the other ladies in the study. It's been nice to have a week off, but I really am looking forward to getting back into the study for next week. Unlike some studies I have done in the past, I really look forward to each day's lesson and can't wait to find out what comes next. A friend of mine is planning to do another one of her studies starting in November and asked if I want to be a part of that one too. I hope it works out so that I can be involved as I know it will bless me and help me to grow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment