Friday, April 18, 2008

Various things...nothing really exciting

Nothing too exciting has been happening the past couple of weeks since we got back from our spring break...just lots of little things that have been keeping us busy. Greg has been involved in coaching the boys basketball team last week and this week. Yesterday was an exciting finish to the island tournament with our boys earning a bronze medal and the chance to move on the the state tournament which takes place the week after next. The team this year is quite young (only one senior) so they should be even better next year with more experience and maturity. Greg is pleased they have made it as far as they have this year and looks forward to seeing them finish the year playing their best. I will let you know how it turns out. Our boys won the state tournament a couple of years ago and it was very exciting.
******************************************
Today the kids had half a day of school so that the teachers could work on curriculum stuff...great for them, but not as great for me because my day is longer than usual (and I don't much care for the curriculum thing)! Oh well...such is life sometimes! KB and KD are off on a Boy Scout fishing weekend as of this afternoon and KR is having friend spend the night with her (after going to another classmate's bday party this afternoon). Daddy is taking the opportunity to spend some one-on-one time with KL, which I am sure he will love. He took him on the motorcycle to the mall to do a few errands and then they are going to the internet cafe to play some Battlefield...sounds like a great Daddy/son evening, don't you think?
*************************************************
KL's class had a poetry reading in his classroom last night. Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera so I didn't get any pictures, but a friend did. However, she has not given them to me yet so I have none to post. I did get KL to recite his poem again for me here at home so I can add it to the blog for Grandma and Grandpa to see...


*************************************************
This little cicak (pronounced chee-chuck) lizard lives under our microwave...most days I don't mind him, but some days I could do without him (the days he leaves his little dropping on my counter are the worst!). This particular day he was being SO bold. He kept coming out to snatch up some cheese even though we were just feet away cooking! Greg tried to take some pictures, but the lighting wasn't the best . I hope you can see him a little bit (if you click on the picture you can make it bigger and you can see him better)...crazy thing.


The other thing we have been dealing with a lot lately are the cockroaches...I don't know what the deal is but I am about fed up with them! A couple of weekends ago we took a whole afteroon to clean EVERYTHING out of our bathroom, scrubbing it down good and then we cleaned out the cupboard under our kitchen sink, washing everything down and putting contact paper on the shelves...only to have them back as if nothing had been done! Ugh! It's very disconcerting to open the cupboards and drawers only to have things scurrying about..I can't help but scream! I don't know why they are so bad lately, but I just wish they would GO AWAY!*******************************************************
Next Friday night is our annual Junior/Senior Banquet. I went out the other night and bought a new dress for the occasion. I don't like to spend too much money on the evening, but since we are class sponsors I feel I need to get a little nicer outfit than usual. I bought a nice dress from a dress shop in the mall. I like how it fits and am pleased with my purchase. Last night I got a phone call from a colleague (dorm mom). She heard I bought a dress there and asked me which one it was... then she went on to say that one of the girls in her dorm was interested in the dress as well... I hope she decided on a different one. I don't want to be wearing the same dress as a teenage girl (who will probably look much better in it than I will!)...especially if it turns out to be a senior girl since we will be in pictures together! This happened to a friend last year..and the kicker was these two ladies ended up at the same dinner table that night! Greg says he doesn't understand what the big deal is...obviously he has never been a woman.

I will post about the evening after it's over.


***************************************************

Finally, here are a couple of digital layouts I did this past week. As always I am happier with some more than others.


Have a great weekend!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you posted your LO's! Tried e-mailing you K's photo from Thurs. night. Let me know if it doesn't come through. Wish I'd taken more! Did an LO but not too happy with it. Oh, and we've had cockroaches lately too! One fell on Karl in bed the other night. I screamed, ran out the door and locked him in! It was so funny because he was in there hollering for me to get the bug spray. I'm not much help, huh?! :)