Sunday, January 13, 2008

Mean Mommy...

Kalaiah had been saying for a while that she wanted to wear earrings like Mommy. Although I know in her little mind she really didn't know what she was asking for, as far as going through the actual process, I decided to take her in to the shop to see if she would do it. Selfishly I was hoping she would be brave enough to do it, because I have always wanted to have her ears pierced. So here is the process and result of that.
Choosing the earrings she wanted. She had to have the pink ones.
Looking pretty positive that this wasn't going to be a big deal...
Getting the ears all marked and ready to go...
Starting to think twice about all this...maybe it isn't a good idea...
"I changed my mind...I don't want earrings anymore!"


Thinking about it some more and talking it over (as in "Mommy will buy you ice cream and a toy if you decide to do it")...

Changing her mind again and letting the ladies do their thing...(she really was very brave about it and mananged to sit quite still for them).

But it HURTS!!!

Maybe ice cream will make it feel a bit better...

And how about a new My Little Pony...

I know some of you think I am probably mean for even doing this to our little girl. I guess I will just have to live with that. She has done very well with them since the day she got them done. If you ask her if she is glad she went through with it, I don't think she will say "yes" quite yet. The trauma is still too fresh. However, I do think that someday when she is older she will be glad to have them done already. KR wishes we had done her's when she was a baby because then she wouldn't remember it. As it is now she is too scared to get them done. She says she is going to wait until she is 13 and then she will be brave enough. I guess time will tell.

1 comments:

SteinyGirl said...

Awww, not's so mean. She'll be so glad you did it! :)