So with that said, here is my boring update! The kids have settled back into their routines at school and things are going fine with them. KB and KD are playing soccer for the next few weeks and KR has a swimming club this quarter. She really enjoys spending time in the pool, which is a change from when she used to be scared to even get in the water! I just hope by the time she's done she will make some progress towards actually swimming (or at least dog paddling!). KJ is going to school three days a week this semester (TThF) and I think that is going to be a good thing for her. The teacher thought she needed a little more time at school to be on par with the other kids in the class. I think she is more ready for it this semester and seems to really be enjoying the extra time there.
Last week we made our decision to return to Dalat again next year. Each year, in the fall, we have to let the director know whether or not we are staying for sure or considering a move elsewhere. If we are unsure, he gives us until the first day of school second semester to make a final decision. It was a VERY tough decision for us, be we felt staying here for at least one more year was the right thing for our family. We will evaluate things again after our summer in the US. For a few years now I have felt the desire to possibly pursue a degree in nursing. I am going to be exploring that possibility more this summer (and gather more information) and then we will see where it leads us. Since KB will be in high school next year we feel like we either need to make a move soon or stay put until our kids get through school. If we do stay put then more than likely I won't be pursuing the nursing thing in my lifetime as I am getting older by the day (aren't we all??!)... We will see what this summer brings and, of course, we will be praying for God's will in our lives no matter where He leads us.

Today is my Dad's birthday. He passed away 5.5 years ago, but he would have been 80 years old today! Happy Birthday, Daddy! I miss you!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment