Okay, I am trying this again...now that it's been almost two months since I posted last I wonder if I have anyone at all who is still checking this site... I do know that grandparents will, if I update it, so maybe I am writing only to them, but even if that's the case, then that's okay!!
Easter is almost over for us, while it's just beginning for those of you who are in the U.S. I hope and pray you have a great day reflecting on the resurrection of our Lord and what that means for all of us. We started the day at school with a sunrise service where seven students gave their testimonies and were baptized in the ocean. What a wonderful way to start the day!!
Afterwards there was a complimentary breakfast at the cafeteria then it was back home to get ready for church and take quick (yeah, right!) pictures of the kids dressed in their finest Easter clothes (ha! ha!...at least us girls were dressed up for the occasion!)
Traffic was horrible (and we were already late getting started because of the pictures) due to the fact that this is the time of year the Chinese go to their cemeteries and clean them and offer incense and food to remember their ancestors. In the end we were almost 20 minutes late for church! But we did get there in time to hear a couple of special numbers and sing some worships songs before the message.
We at lunch at Chili's and it seemed that many other families from church had the same idea! Next year we are looking forward to a nice ham for our Easter dinner! lol!
In the afternoon we had a (pathetic) easter egg hunt in the house as it was so hot and sunny outside. For some reason I couldn't find most of my plastic eggs so the boys got to find three eggs (one had money inside) and the girls only got to find two eggs (and were given a small stuff webkinz as a side present). The kids were real troopers though, and didn't complain...maybe they are getting too old to hunt eggs anyway?? At least maybe the boys are???

0 comments:
Post a Comment