Thursday, September 24, 2009

Baseball and birthdays

Last Saturday I was finally able to get some pictures of KL playing baseball. There was a small amount of rain at the beginning of his game, but once that was over it was dry from there on out. KL's team won the game and KL pitched two innings (both of which I missed unfortunately, but a friend took some pictures for me, thankfully). He also had a couple of runs, if I remember correctly. Mostly he gets them by stealing his bases. At this age (mostly due to inexperience) it's pretty easy to do since the throwing and catching skills of most of the kids is pretty shakey. It's still fun to watch and the kids are learning and growing each week so that's what really counts.


On Sunday evening our friends, Robin and Khalie, brought over some cookies they had made for KL and KR's birthdays. I was so thoughtful of them to remember the kids and I just had to take a picture.
On Monday we didn't have school due to Hari Raya, which is the celebration here for end of Ramadan. Because that was the actual birthdays of both KL and KR, we ended up having a party for KR on that day. She had invited a couple of her friends to spend the previous night. The girls had a lot of fun playing and then staying up late. In the morning Greg took them to McDonald's for breakfast. They were very excited about there. Here they are just heading out the door.
KR had invited three other girls to come to the party starting at ten o'clock on Monday morning. Unfortunately two of them were not able to come, so it was just the four of them plus little sister. KR had decided she wanted a Nancy Drew party this year so I spent most of the weekend (with help from KD) planning a mystery for them to solve as well as trying to figure out what to do for a cake. Thank goodness for the internet because I was able to get lots of good ideas from many people who had BTDT before! It was great!

Here are the girls heading down the street. Most of the mystery took place on the school campus.
Figuring out the puzzle to review the next clue...

Cracking another code...

KJ holding the bag of sleuthing tools while sis was in the bathroom!

One clue on the playground...

This one was so small she needed a magnifying glass to read it.
The cake in the shape of a magnifying glass.
KJ loving the cake...
All the girls and KL's "big" gift...
We haven't done anything yet to specifically celebrate KL's birthday but are planning something for tomorrow night. Greg took him out to supper and some time playing games at an internet cafe tonight. I think they had a good time.

It's hard to believe they are 12 and 9 now...wow, they are growing up quickly!!

0 comments: