Tuesday, February 17, 2009

In loving memory...


On Sunday, February 8th, we received word that Greg's sister-in-law, Leslie, (his brother's wife) had passed away. She was 45 years old and had been living with cystic fibrosis (if you don't know anything about the disease you can read a simple explanation here) her entire life. She had been on a lung transplant list for the past two years, but she did not have the opportunity to receive new lungs during that time. Although she had to live with the dailyness of the disease (which included daily treatments and medications and often hospital stays of multiple days), I never once heard her complain about her illness. She was a faith-filled, soft-spoken, beautiful women who lived life to the fullest...and while we are happy she no longer has to struggle to breathe, we will miss her greatly. Greg was able to fly back to MN using frequent flier miles to spend five days with his parents, brother and family. Although we all wish we could have gone with him, we are thankful for the blessing of him being able to go at a moment's notice and be there for his brother and family. He returned home on the 17th (today) and quickly returned to his teaching responsiblities. This whole situation has been occupying much of our thoughts and lives over the past few weeks and is one of the major reasons I have had a hard time updating this blog lately.
I do hope to do more updates soon.

2 comments:

SteinyGirl said...

I'm so glad you posted that and the photo too (it's so beautiful!). I've been reading the caring bridge journal entries too.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo! Glad to hear Greg was able to go back to MN to support and be supported by his family but I'm sure it was very hard for you all not to be there as well. Thanks for sharing, Tara. :)