Saturday, February 23, 2008

Birthday Celebration

Today I am celebrating my 39th birthday. Yes, I am admitting my age on a public blog. Just seeing it in writing is hard for me! 39......wow...only one year from 40! When I was a kid that seemed so old and suddenly I am here. Where has the time gone? I have started to think about how I want this last thirty-something year to look. I just hope I can make it a good one...

I am involved in a book/Bible study with a group of lady friends/colleagues from the school. We meet for about an hour on Thursdays to discuss whatever book (by Christian authors) we are reading and how we can apply what we have learned to our lives. It's always a great discussion and I hope I have grown through the sharing we do in the past couple of years. One other thing we do on the side is celebrate each other's birthdays. We typically let the birthday girl pick the place to eat and the possible activity to do after eating. Everyone then treats the birthday girl for the evening (that is our gift to each other). Last night we went to Chili's for dinner (I shared the Chicken Mesquite Salad with my friend, Robin) and then to a movie afterwards. There are not many good movies playing her right now, so we went to see Dan In Real Life. It certainly was not my favorite movie, but it was enjoyable and funny in parts. Of course, the best part of all is spending time with my friends celebrating together. Here are a couple of pictures taken on my camera last night. A couple of other's took pictures and I will add them later if I get my hands on them.

With my friend, Robin. Don't you love the hat? We make the birthday girl wear it for a few pictures...and notice the necklace...lovely, huh? We pass it on as a gag gift each time. I can't wait to pass it on next... :-)
The whole group (a few people were unable to attend). Back left to right: Missy, Tibbet, Jacki,
Melinda, Vicky and Patricia. Front left to right: Kerry (with baby Samuel), Lyn (mommy of Samuel), Robin and myself.

0 comments: